During the working process of the paper cutter, there will be some situations that cause the paper to be cut unevenly, cut through, and cut obliquely. So how should these problems be solved? This article introduces some solutions to frequently encountered problems and some methods of machine maintenance.
Common problems and solutions for paper cutters
- Unloading, sharpening and loading knives：If the machine cannot cut through, you need to sharpen the knife. Go to a professional sharpening place to sharpen the knife. After sharpening, follow the knife unloading procedure and then install the knife. Generally, the sharpened knife is narrower than the original knife. At this time, the knife should be lowered. First, take one. Put the A3 paper under the knife, then lower the knife to the lowest point to turn off the power, loosen the upper knife screw, there are three adjustment screws on the upper part of the knife holder, take a hexagonal socket and press down until the paper under the knife is cut It’s all right.
- Cut the paper obliquely: First look at which side is oblique, and then push the adjustment screw of the wide side pusher forward. If it is a manual machine, loosen the screw under the ruler bar, adjust the ruler bar and fix the screw.
- No paper pressing: First, check whether there are debris or books blocking the infrared wall on the surface of the table. If so, please remove it and check whether the upper and lower limit sensors of the paper press are misaligned. If the position is not correct, adjust the sensor. If everything is normal, you need to check the paper press. If there is any problem with the motor, platen encoder and encoder sensor, please contact the dealer to arrange a technician to visit if you need to replace the parts.
- The blade is not working：Check whether the cutting sensor is shifted. If the position is wrong, adjust the sensor. If the knife trips, please check the square bridge. If the square bridge is short-circuited, replace the square bridge, otherwise the main board or power board must be replaced. To make the edge of the cut paper flat, it is necessary to ensure that the cutting edge of the paper cutter blade is sharp and the sharpening angle is appropriate. When cutting soft paper, the blade sharpening angle should be 160; when cutting cardboard and kraft paper, the blade sharpening angle should be 20. Appropriate; when cutting commonly used printing paper, the blade sharpening angle should be 210.
Maintenance of the paper cutter
- Clean the motor. Remove the dust and sludge outside the motor base in time. If the environment is dusty, it is best to clean it once a day.
- Check and clean the motor wiring terminals. Check whether the terminal screws of the junction box are loose or burnt.
- Check the screws of each fixed part, including anchor screws, end cover screws, bearing cover screws, etc. Tighten the loose nut.
- Check the transmission, check whether the pulley or coupling is bold, damaged, whether the installation is firm; whether the belt and its coupling buckle are intact.
- When starting equipment of the motor, wipe the external dust in time. If you have enough, wipe the contacts and check whether there are burn marks on the wiring parts and whether the grounding wire is good.
- Inspection and maintenance of bearings. Bearings should be cleaned and replaced with grease or oil after a period of use. The time for cleaning and oil change should depend on the working conditions of the motor, working environment, cleanliness, and the type of lubricant. It should be cleaned once every 3-6 months of work and the grease should be changed again. When the oil temperature is high, or the motor with poor environmental conditions and more dust, clean and change the oil frequently.
- Inspection of insulation. The insulating ability of the insulating material varies with the degree of dryness, so it is very important to check the dryness of the motor windings. The presence of factors such as humid working environment of the motor and corrosive gas in the working room will destroy the electrical insulation. The most common is the winding ground fault, that is, insulation damage, causing the live part to collide with metal parts that should not be live, such as the case. This kind of fault not only affects the normal operation of the motor, but also endangers personal safety. Therefore, when the motor is in use, the insulation resistance should be checked frequently, and attention should be paid to check whether the grounding of the motor case is reliable.
- In addition to regular maintenance of the motor according to the above items, a major repair is required after one year of operation. The purpose of the overhaul is to conduct a thorough and comprehensive inspection and maintenance of the motor, supplement the missing and worn components of the motor, completely eliminate the dust and dirt inside and outside the motor, check the insulation, clean the bearings and check their wear. Find problems and deal with them in time.